Sunday, August 28, 2011

The New Year

Last year around this time I introduced you all to my idea of Labor Day being MY New Year start. I just went back and looked at that post, and boy did I miss the boat this year. I will at this time choose to move forward, and choose not to regret the past. Next week marks the passing of summer into the new school year for my boys, and with that a new routine in our house.

This year's RESOLUTIONS are...

1)Get my weight under control. I am doing this for me. I am not happy when I look in a mirror. I am not happy with the way my clothes fit. I have started to notice myself unconsciously covering my stomach with things when I sit down, and tugging at the waist of my shirt to make sure my blubber isn't exposed. I also need to start setting an example. If people are going to take me seriously as a nutritionist, yoga instructor, personal trainer, and massage therapist, then I must start looking/behaving the part.

2) Get my divorce done. I have been procrastinating on this for over a year now. It's time to start to build my new life, and I will never truly be able to do that until I have freed myself fully from my old life(well, as fully as I can given that we have monkeys together).

3) Make my house into MY house(well, mine and my kids house). This house was bought with the needs of two other adults in mind as well as me and the boys. This house was decorated to a fair degree by those other two adults. This house is still holding may items that belonged to those other two adults. I am tired of feeling sad/angry/resentful when I look around my house. It's time to move on.

4) Make those that care for me feel LOVED!!!
Just because it's at the bottom of the list, doesn't make it the least important. This item in fact is the MOST important.

I have a tendency to get overzealous in my list making, and end up easily overwhelmed. I think this is a manageable list of resolutions, and look forward to the new year, as I always do.

Do you feel the same way about Labor day?

No comments:

Post a Comment